This sticky sweet Chinese-style pork is cooked with shiitake mushrooms and thinly sliced cabbage, great for boosting skin health. If you want to order Mindful Chef and get £20 off your first box click here.
ALLERGIES: Sesame, Soya, Sulphites
- 120g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 x 150g pork fillet
- 300g sweetheart cabbage
- 80g brown rice
617 calories • 57g carbs • 27g fat • 42g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
2. Finely chop the garlic and red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Finely slice the spring onions and cut the shiitake mushrooms into quarters. Cut the end off the cabbage and thinly slice.
3. Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces.
4. To make the sauce; in a small bowl mix together the rice wine vinegar, honey and the tamari.
5. Preheat a frying pan or wok on a high heat and add the sesame oil, cook the pork for 4-5 mins until turning golden, then turn down to a medium heat and add the garlic, red chilli and shiitake mushrooms and cook for 2 mins.
6. Then add the cabbage to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 mins, stirring constantly, until the cabbage has softened and is turning crispy. Then pour in the sauce and cook for 3 mins until the sauce becomes sticky and the pork is cooked through.
7. Place the brown rice onto two warm plates and spoon over the Shanghai-style pork, cabbage and shiitake mushrooms. Sprinkle with the spring onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person