Tom Yum is a delicious spicy blend of Thai flavours including lemongrass, galangal, garlic and chilli. We’ve added tender chicken, coconut milk and mangetout to this soup with carrot noodles for a beta-carotene boost. If you want to order Mindful Chef and get £20 off your first box click here.
ALLERGIES: CRUSTACIANS & CELERY
We deliver all this
- 100g mangetout
- 1 aubergine
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp tom yum paste
- 2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
- 300g carrot
- 4 spring onions
- Large handful of fresh coriander
553 calories • 31g carbs • 27g fat • 47g protein
1. Finely slice the spring onions and cut the aubergine into 2 cm pieces. Roughly chop the coriander. Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
2. Peel the carrot. Using a peeler, slice the carrots into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the aubergine for 5 mins until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the chicken, cook for 8 mins until golden brown. Add the spring onions and mangetout and fry for 2 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
6. Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk to a separate saucepan and stir in the Tom Yum paste. Bring to the boil then stir in the cooked chicken, mangetout, spring onion, aubergine, carrot noodles and juice from the lime. Simmer for 3 mins.
7. Serve the Tom Yum soup in two warm bowls and sprinkle over the coriander.